Man arrested after fight over peanut butter and jelly sandwiches
DES MOINES, Iowa — An Iowa man is accused of pulling a knife on his brother during a fight over peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.
The Des Moines Register reported that Jerome Davis was charged with assault domestic abuse with a weapon and taken to Polk County Jail.
Authorities said the suspect was arrested Friday after the confrontation in their Des Moines home. Both men live together and are in their 50s.
The suspect’s brother told police he was angry because he believed his brother was eating too many peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.
The suspect allegedly ate six peanut butter and jelly sandwiches in a short period of time.
Police said this caused the two to have a confrontation about laziness and overeating.
The suspect is accused of pulled out a folding knife and held it to the face of his brother, threatening to cut him.
Read more: The Des Moines Register
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave