Winston-Salem woman found dead near her home
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. — The body of a Winston-Salem woman was found near her home on New Hope Lane early Friday morning.
Police responded to the area around 7:45 a.m. where they found Denise Williams, 47, of 951 New Hope Lane, unresponsive on a path between New Hope Lane and Bethlehem Lane.
Witnesses told police they had seen Williams walking in the area earlier.
Williams had no obvious signs of trauma and police say foul play is not suspected.
The cause of death is pending results of an autopsy.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault