Suspects robs second bank in Winston-Salem on same day
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. — The same suspect who robbed a Bank of America on University Parkway struck again at Capital Bank on East Hanes Mill Road Friday, police say.
Officers were dispatched to 225 E. Hanes Mill Road around 5:40 p.m. after a robbery was reported.
Scott Jason Gericke, 38, is accused of entering the bank and demanding money from the teller.
Gericke received an undisclosed amount of money and left the bank.
Gericke is described as 5 feet 6 inches tall, with a full beard, wearing a black toboggan, black jacket and a grey zipped hoodie at the time of the incident.
Anyone with information about the reported incident is asked to contact the Winston-Salem Police Department or Crime Stoppers at 336-727-2800.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault