Sick child care available at Thomasville Medical Center
THOMASVILLE, N.C. — A daycare at the Thomasville Medical Center is giving parents an alternative to taking a day off work when their kids are feeling under the weather.
The Well Watchers Sick Child Clinic cares for kids between three months and 11 years old, as long as they’re taking medicine and have a temperature below 103 degrees.
Deandrea Gannaway brought her 3-year-old son to Well Watchers Friday.
“Basically, he has a runny nose. His normal daycare, they aren’t going to let him stay, so that was my hardest part — trying to find where to take him,” said Gannaway.
Gannway’s situation is one a lot of parents can relate to. She doesn’t have family in the area to watch her son for the day, and she doesn’t have the luxury of taking a day off work.
“You really shouldn’t ever have to choose between your child and your job,” said Daycare Manager Nancy Hollis.
Hollis says caregivers take extra steps to prevent illnesses from spreading.
Well Watchers is open Monday through Friday from 6:15 am to 7:30 pm. It costs $25 a day, and they can take up to 11 kids a day.
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train