Rowan Co. woman wins $1M lottery prize, after winning $250K
CHINA GROVE, N.C. — A Rowan County woman has won $1 million playing the lottery, not even three months after she won $250,000 playing Mega Millions.
“I’m going to take my grandkids on a cruise,” said China Grove resident Amy Rowland, as she collected her winnings on Friday.
Rowland said she recently purchased her lucky $20 ticket at the Food Lion on North Cannon Boulevard in Kannapolis.
Three $3 million top prizes, four $1 million prizes and four $100,000 prizes remain to be claimed in the $120 Million Cash game.
Players who win $1 million in the $120 Million Cash game can receive annual payments of $50,000 for 20 years or take a lump sum cash option of $600,000.
Lottery officials said Rowland went with the cash option and received a check for $415,206 after state and federal taxes were withheld.
In October, Rowland matched five white balls on her Mega Millions ticket, beating odds of 1 in 3.9 million.
Officials said the odds of winning a $1 million prize in the $120 Million Cash game began at 1 in 1.3 million.
“It didn’t feel real,” Rowland said of her latest win. “It was just as surprising as the last time.”
Lottery officials said the game has raised more than $3 billion to support education programs as of September 2013.
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- Kids react to a Walkman, make everyone feel old