Greensboro man puts 500K miles on Toyota Avalon
GREENSBORO, N.C. — A Greensboro man has put 500,000 miles on his Toyota Avalon — and said he wants to get it up to 700,000.
Michael Lipperman, 55, said he reached the half-million mark over the weekend during a trip to New York.
Lipperman said he has had friends that have expressed concern with him over his high mileage.
“Round trip to Raleigh is my daily drive,” he said. “But I’ve made numerous trips to see friends and family in the New York, New Jersey area.”
Lipperman said he bought the car new for $33,000 and it still has the original engine and original transmission.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault