Panthers defeat Atlanta, win NFC South title
ATLANTA, Ga. — The Carolina Panthers won the NFC South and earned a first-round bye with a 21-20 victory over Atlanta on Sunday.
The Charlotte Observer reported that the Panthers claimed their fourth division title with the win and are now 12-4.
Cam Newton threw two touchdown passes and Greg Hardy had a team-record four sacks.
Carolina secured a first-round bye and home-field advantage for at least one game as the No. 2 seed in the NFC.
Read more: The Charlotte Observer
- 40 people arrested across NC for human trafficking
- The real story behind the 'train selfie' and the man kicked in head by 'conductor'
- Why were huge military planes flying over the Piedmont today?
- Judge tells convicted killer 'I hope you die in prison'
- Lexington man killed in accident on I-85 in Davidson Co.