Panthers defeat Atlanta, win NFC South title
ATLANTA, Ga. — The Carolina Panthers won the NFC South and earned a first-round bye with a 21-20 victory over Atlanta on Sunday.
The Charlotte Observer reported that the Panthers claimed their fourth division title with the win and are now 12-4.
Cam Newton threw two touchdown passes and Greg Hardy had a team-record four sacks.
Carolina secured a first-round bye and home-field advantage for at least one game as the No. 2 seed in the NFC.
Read more: The Charlotte Observer
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants