Handgun accidentally discharged at Kernersville restaurant
KERNERSVILLE, N.C. — Police responded to a call regarding shots fired at a Kernersville restaurant Friday afternoon.
Officers were called to the Palenque Mexican Restaurant, located at 621-F N. Main St., in reference to a shot being fired shortly after 1 p.m.
Upon review of surveillance video in the restaurant it was discovered that an unknown white male was at the register attempting to pay his bill when he accidentally dropped a handgun.
Upon striking the ground, the gun discharged a round that struck the counter and a wall before going into the ceiling.
No one was injured during the incident.
An investigation is ongoing and anyone with information is asked to contact the Kernersville Police Department.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child