‘Chemical mace’ causes evacuation of Barnes & Noble at Friendly Center
GREENSBORO, N.C. — The Barnes & Noble bookstore in the Friendly Center was evacuated Friday evening after a possible “chemical mace” was set off in a bathroom.
Police, firefighters and a HazMat team responded to the scene around 9:30 p.m.
Approximately 20 to 25 people were in the store when it was evacuated.
Police say the possible chemical mace caused some people in the store to start coughing but no one was taken to the hospital.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave