‘Chemical mace’ causes evacuation of Barnes & Noble at Friendly Center
GREENSBORO, N.C. — The Barnes & Noble bookstore in the Friendly Center was evacuated Friday evening after a possible “chemical mace” was set off in a bathroom.
Police, firefighters and a HazMat team responded to the scene around 9:30 p.m.
Approximately 20 to 25 people were in the store when it was evacuated.
Police say the possible chemical mace caused some people in the store to start coughing but no one was taken to the hospital.
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- Remains of teens missing since 1971 found in submerged car
- Wu-Tang Clan affiliated rapper severs penis, jumps off building
- Woman shot dead while on phone with 911 for 13 minutes
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview