Woman becomes stuck in bank deposit box in Raleigh
RALEIGH, N.C. (WTVD) – A woman on her way home from work had the unthinkable happen Thursday when she became stuck in a bank’s deposit box.
It happened at the Bank of America branch on Fayetteville Street in Raleigh.
The woman dropped a deposit bag in and one of the levers closed on top of her somehow and her hand got stuck inside.
The woman was dropping off the earnings from her company’s workday when the incident occurred.
Firefighters used saws to break into the box from the front and the back to try to free the woman’s hand.
Finally after about an hour, her hand was able to be freed.
That woman was hurt and was taken to the hospital with a hand injury, but she is expected to be okay.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave