FOX8 high school football scoreboard: Playoffs 2nd round

Kerosene heater sparks huge fire at home in Virginia

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Stock photo

DANVILLE, Va. — A fire quickly spread throughout a Danville, Va. home Thursday morning after fuel spilled from a kerosene heater.

According to WSLA, a resident of the home was refilling a kerosene heater when fuel spilled on and around the heater and ignited.

The fire spread quickly to the rest of the house.

One occupant had escaped the home, but one was still trapped inside. Fire crews were able to rescue both victims, and they were transported to DRMC for further evaluation.

 

The occupants’ dog perished in the fire.