Fight over apple fritter on Christmas day ends in stabbing
Contisha Q. Hayes
OHIO — One sister is recovering from stab wounds and the other is in jail after an argument over apple fritters that ended in a stabbing.
Akron police were called to a home on Springdale Street around 11:30 p.m. Christmas night for a reported stabbing.
According to the Akron Beacon Journal, one sister was in the kitchen making apple fritters when two other sisters “started to play fight” over the treat.
At one point, police say, one sister pulled the hair of the other sister.
The sister whose hair was pulled, Contisha Q. Hayes, pulled out a knife and stabbed her sister, Tamara D. Delaney, 21, in the chest.
Delaney was taken to Akron City Hospital for non life-threatening injuries.
Hayes, 21, of Callis Oval, has been charged with felonious assault.
She is in the Summit County Jail.
Source: Akron Beacon Journal
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting