Double shooting on Christmas Eve in W-S, one dead
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. – One man is dead and another is in critical condition after a double shooting on Christmas Eve in Winston-Salem.
Emergency responders were dispatched to the 2300 block of North Glenn Avenue just before 9:30 p.m. Tuesday.
Officers found two men shot near a shed behind a home.
Valentino Andretti Alston, 23, of 4345 Ogburn Ave., Winston-Salem, was found dead on the scene.
The second victim, Deshawn Marquis Anderson, 21, of 2301 Thurmond St., Winston-Salem, was taken to Wake Forest Baptist Hospital where he is listed in critical condition.
The investigation is ongoing at this time.
Anyone with information concerning this investigation is requested to contact the Winston Salem Police Department at 773-7700 or Crime Stoppers at 727-2800.
This is the 14th homicide for 2013 in Winston-Salem as compared to eight at this same time in 2012.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault