Panthers beat New Orleans 17-13, headed to playoffs
CHARLOTTE, N.C. — The Panthers are headed to the playoffs for the first time since 2008 after beating the Saints 17-13 Sunday at Bank of America Stadium.
Carolina was down 13-10 with 55 seconds left, when Cam Newton connected with Ted Ginn for a huge play, putting them in field goal range.
A few plays later, Newton threw a 14-yard touchdown pass to Domenik Hixon with 23 seconds left, lifting the Panthers to victory.
FOX8’s Bob Buckley watched the game live from the stadium in Charlotte, where he spoke to fans who celebrated the last-minute win in the rain.
The Panthers face the Atlanta Falcons next Sunday. Panthers Coach Ron Rivera said there is still work to do and plenty of things to correct.
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- Remains of teens missing since 1971 found in submerged car
- Wu-Tang Clan affiliated rapper severs penis, jumps off building
- Woman shot dead while on phone with 911 for 13 minutes
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview