Beyoncé visits Walmart, gives shoppers gift cards
TEWKSBURY, Mass. — Pop star Beyoncé gave out $37,500 worth of gift cards to shoppers at a Massachusetts Walmart Friday night.
Lowellsun.com reported that the Grammy-award winning celebrity made the surprise appearance at Tewksbury’s Walmart before heading to Boston to perform a concert.
Beyoncé wished everyone a happy holiday and then gave out $50 Walmart gift cards to 750 customers.
“It was amazing, quite a scene,” said Walmart spokeswoman Sarah McKinney. “Everybody was so excited when she came in, and it’s so great what she did for our customers right before Christmas.
Beyoncé released her self-titled fifth album exclusively through iTunes earlier this month, which led to some retailers refusing to stock the CD version.
The 32-year-old pop singer is known for several hit songs including “Single Ladies” and “Halo.”
Read full story: Lowellsun.comSubmit Your Photo
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- Remains of teens missing since 1971 found in submerged car
- Wu-Tang Clan affiliated rapper severs penis, jumps off building
- Woman shot dead while on phone with 911 for 13 minutes
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview