Winston-Salem man convicted of abusing 9-year-old girl
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. — A 56-year-old Forsyth County man pleaded guilty Tuesday to charges that he sexually abused a 9-year-old girl.
James Don Love of Salem Crest Circle pleaded guilty in Forsyth Superior Court to two counts of attempted first-degree sex offense and one count of taking indecent liberties.
As part of a plea arrangement, he pleaded to reduced charges; he was originally charged with two counts of first-degree sex offense.
The offenses occurred in October 2012.
Judge Patrice Hinnant of Forsyth Superior Court consolidated the charges and sentenced Love to 12 years and one month to 19 years and six months in prison.
Upon release from prison, Love will have to register as a sex offender for 30 years.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants