Police investigating homicide at Greensboro apartment complex
GREENSBORO, N.C. — Greensboro Police are investigating a homicide at Paces Village Apartments on North Elm Street.
When investigators got to the scene they found 55-year-old Richard Calvin Gordon Jr. dead in the breezeway of his apartment in building 16.
Investigators say one of Gordon’s neighbors was the one to find him and call 911.
“That’s one thing I know about this particular complex is that the neighbors tend to take care of and watch out for one another and I think that’s how this neighbor came upon the subject,” said Captain Mike Richey, with the Greensboro Police Department.
Renters were shocked to come home and see cop cars and then hear about what happened.
“I have a wife and two little kids so you know, I have to be on high alert,” said Anthony Johnson, who’s lived in the Paces Apartments for four years.
Police haven’t made any arrests and say it’s too early in the investigation to tell if Gordon was targeted or if this was random. Police did say Gordon lived alone.
Investigators who received the medical examiner’s report said the victim’s cause of death was a gunshot wound.
Information on a suspect or motive has not been released. The investigation is ongoing.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Woman admits to stealing toy from child's grave, explains why she did it