Child injured in dog attack at High Point home
The 900 block of Newell Street in High Point. (Google Maps)
HIGH POINT, N.C. — Police said a 5-year-old boy was injured after being attacked by a dog inside a High Point home.
High Point police said it happened around 12:30 p.m. in the 900 block of Newell Street to a child from out of town visiting family.
Police said the victim was taken to Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center for injuries to the face, neck and left ear.
Police said no charges have been filed and the dog that attacked the child and another dog at the home have both been quarantined.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child