‘Fight’ breaks out over TVs at Walmart in Elkin

Posted on: 8:13 am, November 29, 2013, by , updated on: 09:02am, November 29, 2013

A video posted to YouTube on Thanksgiving appears to show a screaming mob fighting over televisions at a Walmart in Elkin.

The video shows at least several people crowded around the televisions, when several people start pushing and shoving each other.

One man is seen throwing another to the ground and a woman’s voice is heard repeatedly screaming “Oh my God!”

Several police officers stood nearby but didn’t intervene. Eventually, a Walmart worker appeared to break up the fight.

The man who posted the video says he was kicked out of the store for recording the video.

• Mike Bell says:

people are animals

• C. Jennings says:

The woman that he goes back to get is the one screaming “oh my God”, it looks like is he is panicked and trying to get people off of her. I dont excuse him for what the did to other people, but I am sure my husband would do the same if he heard my yelling.

• I looked at it several times and that is what I was thinking….he was pulling people off of her. Could be wrong but if that is the case I would have done the same thing if my loved ones were knocked down…BTW he did not let go of the tv lol

• Ever says:

You can hear him asking her if she was alright if you listen closely.

• Really are people this stupid..is it worth..go look at people can’t even afford Christmas for anyone ..People a willing to lose their lives a Tv

• Bill Ahrens says:

Think that’s bad? Look at this! It’s even a smaller community.

• Windsday says:

Stay classy NC.

• MickeyJim says:

Ahhh yes, tax free weekend in August was the time to shop…After that was the Labor Day sales…So less stressful and humane.

• tkt says:

THE GUY IN THE ORANG JACKET WAS HELPIN A LADY THAT HAD FALLEN…MY SIS IN LAW WAS THERE SO I CALLED HER TO ASK HER WHAT HAPPENED…WHAT IF HE HADNT WENT BACK TO HELP? THAT WOMAN COULDVE BEEN SERIOUSLY HURT B/C ALL THE OTHER IDIOTS WHO WAS TRAMPLING HER

• Sherry Neely says:

I stopped Black Friday Shopping in Elkin at Wal Mart years ago when they were in the old building because of how rude and violent people were. I was pushed by a lady and had things grabbed out of my buggy and the Wal Mart workers would ask you to form a line and then hand things all around them to people they knew where the people in line got nothing. I said no more…..and yes this was our little town of ELKIN!

• John Brown says:

Really people! Did an off brand TV dull your common sense? That’s just dumb.

• Amorosa says:

I love how security was so worried about the recording and not providing order. At first view, I thought the guy in red was being super aggressive but he was helping the blond lady out, and it’s ridiculous at the end where the one lady still follows her and hits her or something and tries to start another fight! Typical.

• It looked like the guy was trying to break up the skirmish. It is amazing how dumb people act over material possessions.

• Jody says:

Good deals are good deals; however, there has to be a more orderly way to handle these sales. A suggestion: put all sale Iitems in the fenced garden center and allow the first 100 people in…then when one leaves, another goes in. Really sad!

• Chris says:

Well leave it to the media to hype this out of per portion. He already had his tv. This wasn’t a case of excessive greed or ill intent. If my mother was on the ground being trampled, id be doing the same thing. Perhaps “fight” isn’t the best word to use Fox!

• tarheelblueangel says:

Please don’t judge all North Carolinians on these people….some of us stay home with our family and actually enjoy the day.:)

I could not have said it better myself. I agree with you. We stayed home enjoyed our family and had a great day and evening.

• Ashlee says:

THE GUY WAS NOT THROWING PEOPLE DOWN, HE WAS TRYING TO HELP A LADY THAT PEOPLE WERE TRAMPLING ON. GET IT RIGHT!

• dexter22 says:

I can solve this one and it’s not illegal. Just carry your compact stun gun and shocj the s*** out of someone trying to act disorderly.

• dexter22 says:

shock*

• linda says:

there crazy as hell fighting like a bunch of kids that shit not worth killing or hurting any one over

• I heard that they were giving rain checks to those wanting the tv after they were sold out in the shopping frenzy. So there was no reason for fighting in the shopping season.

• Also what I heard is that the rain check for the tv was just for last night. Fighting bad. Watching the Carolina Panthers, Charlotte Bobcats, and the Carolina Hurricanes play and x-specially win good.

• Renee says:

The man was clearly helping the older woman..he did what he had to do from the idiots..why put electronics out for people to dive into. Control it..our walmart had no issues people were pretty good and walmart actually ran things well other than dressing their employees in embarrassing yellow sacks!! One more time this man didn’t do anything a good person wouldn’t do..

• Renee says:

One more thing fox and other stations are just trying to start up drama. This was not a fight..this sort of thing happens..it’s certainly not a southern thing..

• squash says:

Yes, looks like he is helping some woman or women get a couple others off of them. He does ask the blonde woman if she is okay. The media likely has no intent to be fair about the man in this video, that wouldn’t create viewers and it’s all about viewership, not truths. Nothing like money to bring out the very worst of people, evidenced here. The same TV’s will sell for the same price at other times during the year at the same store.

• Dean says:

Here’s my opinion….the guy filming the video clip….is a film maker living in NYC….only in nc for the holiday. He has tried very hard to get this clip….picked up by all/any media that will give it notice. He’s wanting the clip to go viral. I saw on his twitter….he contacted a dozen different media outlets…trying to get air time for this clip. If I was the man that’s being falsely accused of being violent….I’d get a lawyer and sue the film maker….and I’d sue wal mart too. That’s why they don’t want video being taken in their business. It’s a liability to them.

• Janet Roberts says:

I too shopped Wal Mart in Elkin 2 years ago, and was trampled to the floor on top of the display of phones. I was 57 years old at the time, and that was my LAST year of shopping Black Friday at Wal Mart. I would rather pay full price than get trampled by greedy people.

• It’s Wal-Mart; You don’t have to be the sharpest tool.