High Point church ensures thousands a Thanksgiving dinner
HIGH POINT, N.C. — Williams Memorial CME Church is making sure thousands have a great Thanksgiving dinner.
On a cold and rainy afternoon, people stood in line for about two hours to get a Thanksgiving dinner box.
The box came with a large turkey, yams, green beans and other Thanksgiving staples. The church passed out enough boxes to feed 7,000 people.
Despite the soaking cold rain, people like Sharon Williams didn’t mind the wait.
“We have smiles on our faces because we are among the seven thousand. But we are going to pray for the ones that don’t have,” she said.
Church volunteers along with students from High Point’s Welborn Middle and Andrews High School helped pass out Thanksgiving boxes.
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- Remains of teens missing since 1971 found in submerged car
- Wu-Tang Clan affiliated rapper severs penis, jumps off building
- Woman shot dead while on phone with 911 for 13 minutes
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview