Road crews ready for winter weather
Local road crews are getting prepared for potential freezing rain that could be on the way.
High Point public services workers poured road salt into five trucks. A small crew will come in early Tuesday morning to salt bridges and overpasses if freezing rain moves in.
Meanwhile in Greensboro, eight trucks are ready to go. Normally teams pretreat the roads with brine. However, since we are looking at freezing rain instead of snow, road crews have to turn to salt which will give drivers some traction on an icy overpass or bridge.
Greensboro and High Point want drivers to take their time not only on Tuesday morning but also Tuesday afternoon.
Heavy rain could wash leaves into storm drains.
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- Remains of teens missing since 1971 found in submerged car
- Wu-Tang Clan affiliated rapper severs penis, jumps off building
- Woman shot dead while on phone with 911 for 13 minutes
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview