Man shooting at squirrels sparks temporary lockdown at Gaston Co. school
GASTON COUNTY, N.C. — A man shooting at squirrels sparked a temporary lockdown at an elementary school in Gaston County Friday.
According to WBTV, officers got a call around 8:39 a.m. asking for help with a reported gun near North Belmont Elementary School. The school was put on lockdown as a precautionary measure.
Officers responded to the school and found a man in his yard with a pellet gun. The man told officers he had been shooting at squirrels.
Police say no students or staff were ever in any danger.
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting