Condemned High Point hotel will remain for six more months
Kilby Hotel in High Point
HIGH POINT, N.C. — The condemned Kilby Hotel in High Point will remain standing for now.
The Guilford County Historic Preservation Commission voted Tuesday night to delay the building’s demolition for 180 days.
During that time, officials will evaluate whether or not the building could become structurally sound. If not, plans to tear down the hotel will move forward.
One Guilford County Commissioner said the situation with the building should be dealt with sooner rather than later.
Last month, part of East Washington Street in front of the hotel was blocked off due to safety concerns.
The building’s owner had until the end of October to make the repairs, but was unable to raise the money to do so.
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Baby born Tuesday is largest hospital has seen in over a decade
- Woman admits to stealing toy from child's grave, explains why she did it
- Tenn. girl wakes up for school, finds parents dead inside home