Second woman dies of injuries from October house fire in Thomasville
House fire at Rich Hilton Road
DAVIDSON COUNTY, N.C. — A second woman has died after suffering from injuries sustained in an Oct. 14 house fire in Thomasville.
According to the Lexington Dispatch, Deborah “Debbie” Hill Hilton, 61, of Rich Hilton Road, died Saturday, at Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center in Winston-Salem.
Hilton’s mother-in-law, Betty Lou Beck Hilton, 81, died the day of the house fire on Rich Hilton Road.
Crews responded to 465 Rich Hilton Road in Thomasville that day around 6:15 a.m.
Jimmy Hilton lives just next door and had just dropped his wife off at his mother’s house around 5:30 a.m. He said the two were both disabled and cared for each other during the day.
Sheriff Grice said both women were attempting to exit the home, but the older woman used a walker and could not get out.
Fire officials said faulty electrical wiring inside the home likely caused the fire. Several fire departments and medical personnel responded to the scene.
The Lexington Dispatch contributed to this report.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child