GREENSBORO, N.C. — City of Greensboro offices and facilities will be closed Thursday, Nov. 28, and Friday, Nov. 29, in observance of Thanksgiving.
The following services and facilities will operate on a holiday schedule:
• No garbage, recycling, bulk trash, yard waste, or appliance collections take place on Thursday, November 28. That day’s collections take place on Wednesday, November 27. Collections on Friday, November 29 remain the same.
• The White Street Landfill and Solid Waste Transfer Station are closed on Thursday, November 28. Regular hours resume Friday, November 23.
• All branches of the Greensboro Public Library system and the Greensboro Historical Museum are closed Thursday, November 28, and Friday, November 29. Regular hours resume Saturday, November 30.
• Emergency service is available for water and sewer needs after normal business hours and the weekend. Water customers can call 373-2489 (CITY) to report water or sewer problems. After placing the call, please follow the prompts to connect to the Water Resources dispatcher.
• City recreation centers, Greensboro Sportsplex, Simkins Indoor Sports Pavilion at Barber Park, Smith High School Indoor Pool, Greensboro Cultural Center, City Arts, Smith Senior Center, MainStream Resources, Greensboro Youth Council, Caldcleugh Multicultural Arts Center and Greensboro Parks & Recreation administrative offices are for the Thanksgiving holidays on November 28 and 29.
Lake Townsend, Lake Brandt, and Lake Higgins are closed Thursday, November 28 and will re-open Friday, November 29. City cemeteries are open. Barber, Hester and Keeley parks are closed Thanksgiving Day only. Country Park closes after the “Gobbler Run” for the remainder of Thanksgiving Day and re-opens Friday, November 29. City cemeteries, public gardens, City trails and the Gillespie Golf Course are open to the public.
• There is no GTA service on Thursday, November 28, but SCAT provides service from 5:15 am to 12 noon for medical trips only. On Friday, November 29, GTA and SCAT run on a Saturday schedule from 6 am to 10 pm.
Beginning Saturday, November 30, GTA and SCAT run-on the regular Saturday schedule. HEAT will not provide service Thursday through Sunday. All services return to normal on Monday, December 2.
For more information, visit www.greensboro-nc.gov or call 336-373-CITY (2489).