Feeling Great: What you need to know about osteoporosis
As people get older their bones get older too. Osteoporosis is a disease that makes bones weak and makes them more prone to break easily.
Dr. Darren Wright with High Point Regional Health says the only way to detect osteoporosis is though a screening that measures the density of the bone.
There are two major things you can do to help prevent osteoporosis. It is important to have plenty of calcium and vitamin D in your diet.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Woman admits to stealing toy from child's grave, explains why she did it