Pit bull saves woman from machete attack, police say
EDMONTON — A pit bull is being hailed as a hero after authorities said the dog saved a woman from being attacked by a machete.
CTVNews reported that three men and a teenager broke into the woman’s home in Edmonton, Canada last week and tried attacking her.
Police said once things got violent, Mercey, a 4-year-old pit bull, jumped into action and took the majority of the beating. Officials said the dog’s owner sustained only minor injuries.
Authorities said the dog suffered life-threatening injuries and is recovering at an emergency vet clinic. Police officers reportedly pitched in to help cover the vet bill.
Three suspects have been arrested and one more is still sought, according to police. They face several charges including assault and cruelty to an animal.
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- The Ultimate Warrior's cause of death revealed in autopsy