Officials seek ID of man passing fraudulent checks in Rockingham Co.
ROCKINGHAM COUNTY, N.C. — Deputies are searching for a man who they say has passed several fraudulent checks at area businesses in Wentworth.
Officials believe the man has also gone as far as gaining clerks’ trust by saying he is friends with various Rockingham County Sheriff’s deputies and other well-respected members of the community.
Store owners who routinely cash checks at their stores should be cautious of this man. It’s been reported that all checks cash by this man have been fraudulent.
Anyone who may know the identity of this man is asked to call the Rockingham County Sheriff’s Office at 336-634-3232 or Crime Stoppers at 336-349-9683.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave