High Point Central knocks off Hopewell in playoff opener
HIGH POINT, N.C. — The North Carolina High School Athletics Association football playoffs kicked off Thursday night with No. 5 High Point Central defeating No. 12 Hopewell in the 4A bracket to advance to the second round.
The Bison defeated the Titans 38-21 after taking a 28-13 lead into the half and never looking back.
Of all the NCHSSA football playoff games, this was the only one played on Thursday. The remaining games will be played Friday evening.
High Point Central will face the winner of the No. 4 Charlotte Catholic/No. 13 A.L. Brown matchup next week. The Bison will be on the road if Charlotte Catholic wins or stay at home at Simeon Stadium if A.L. Brown pulls off an upset.
Be sure to check out FOX8 Friday Football for coverage of the playoff games Friday.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child