Charlotte 11-year-old charged in death of infant
Suntrace Way in Charlotte
CHARLOTTE, N.C. — An 11-year-old boy has been charged in connection with the death of a 7-month-old in Charlotte.
The mother of the infant was charged Monday, but the grandmother said the mother was not at the home when the baby died.
According to WSOC, the boy was charged with felony child abuse for his involvement in the death of infant Camden Johnson.
Detectives are withholding the name of the boy due to his age.
The baby died Saturday, and officers arrested his mother, Wendy Johnson, Monday night.
Police were called to a home on Suntrace Way and found Johnson’s baby unresponsive.
The baby was transported to the hospital where he died.
Police say physical assault led to Camden’s death.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Man catches massive 805-pound shark, won't share his secret
- Randolph Co. middle school employee accused of sending obscene images to teenage girl
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- 'Ice Road Truckers' star accused of kidnapping prostitute, threatens to kill her over $1k