Two arrested in Winston-Salem bank robbery
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. — Two suspects were arrested Tuesday for a bank robbery on Peters Creek Parkway.
Iver Singletary, 44, of Winston-Salem, faces a charge of common law robbery. Roderick Hicks, 37, of Winston-Salem, faces a charge of accessory after the fact to common law robbery.
Police say upon arrival to a call at the BB&T Bank at 2710 Peters Creek Parkway it was discovered that Singletary entered the bank and demanded money. He obtained an undisclosed amount and fled to a Nissan Altima being driven by Hicks.
Officers located the vehicle and Hicks in the 700-block of Waughtown Street and later located Singletary in the 2000-block of Bertha Street.
Both subjects were taken into custody without incident.
An investigation is ongoing.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave