Roy Cooper in Greensboro to discuss Android app to track sex offenders
The Android app, which allows users to stay aware of where registered sex offenders live, was officially unveiled last week.
The free app allows users to search a 5-mile radius by GPS or street address. Users can also sign-up for email alerts.
An iOS version of the app was released in February 2012. Since then, more than 40,000 people have downloaded the application.
More than 20,000 people are currently listed on the NC sex offender registry.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave