Disabled veteran may participate in Paralympics in Russia
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah — A disabled veteran is competing for a spot on the U.S.A. Paralympic team three years removed from his injury.
Tyler Burdick was serving his third deployment in Afghanistan when his legs were badly injured by a roadside bomb.
Now Burdick is back on his feet and back on his snowboard.
He earned a silver medal at the Paralympics National Championships and is hopeful to get a spot on the U.S.A. team for the games in Russia next March.
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- Remains of teens missing since 1971 found in submerged car
- Wu-Tang Clan affiliated rapper severs penis, jumps off building
- Woman shot dead while on phone with 911 for 13 minutes
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview