Disabled veteran may participate in Paralympics in Russia
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah — A disabled veteran is competing for a spot on the U.S.A. Paralympic team three years removed from his injury.
Tyler Burdick was serving his third deployment in Afghanistan when his legs were badly injured by a roadside bomb.
Now Burdick is back on his feet and back on his snowboard.
He earned a silver medal at the Paralympics National Championships and is hopeful to get a spot on the U.S.A. team for the games in Russia next March.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault