Charlotte mother arrested in death of infant son
CHARLOTTE, N.C. — A mother accused of beating and killing her infant son in Charlotte will face a judge Tuesday.
According to WSOC, the 7-month-old boy died Saturday, and officers arrested his mother, Wendy Johnson, Monday night.
Police were called to a home on Suntrace Way and found Johnson’s son, Camden Johnson, unresponsive.
The baby was transported to the hospital where he died.
Police say physical assault led to Camden’s death.
Johnson is in jail Tuesday.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave