Idaho high school coach fired over Facebook photo
POCATELLO, Idaho — A high school basketball coach in Idaho was reportedly fired over a Facebook photo that shows her fiancé touching her chest.
According to ABC News, the school district described the photo as “immoral.”
The photo was taken while Laraine Cook, 31, and her fiancé Tom Harrison were on vacation in July.
Cook said the school told her she was fired because the photo was on her Facebook page.
Her fiancé, who is also the school’s varsity football coach, kept his job.
Cook, who says she had never been reprimanded in her nearly five years working for the school district, has retained a lawyer to fight the school board’s decision.
Read more: ABC News
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave