Shannon and Michael battle it out during firefighter challenge
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. — A group of Winston-Salem firefighters recently returned home to the Triad after competing in the Scott Firefighter Combat Challenge in Las Vegas.
For nearly two decades, a team from the department has traveled to various combat challenges, even taking home several world titles over the years.
The combat challenge is a test of fitness and also a public show of just a few of the obstacles firefighters are put through daily.
FOX8’s Shannon Smith and Michael Spears were put to the test Friday, battling against the clock and each other.
Who took home the title?
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- The Ultimate Warrior's cause of death revealed in autopsy