Shannon and Michael battle it out during firefighter challenge
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. — A group of Winston-Salem firefighters recently returned home to the Triad after competing in the Scott Firefighter Combat Challenge in Las Vegas.
For nearly two decades, a team from the department has traveled to various combat challenges, even taking home several world titles over the years.
The combat challenge is a test of fitness and also a public show of just a few of the obstacles firefighters are put through daily.
FOX8’s Shannon Smith and Michael Spears were put to the test Friday, battling against the clock and each other.
Who took home the title?
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault