$13k found inside purse floating off the coast of Florida
FLORIDA — A woman found a purse in the ocean over the weekend in Florida, and in it was a bank bag containing $13,000.
The good Samaritan contacted authorities so it could be returned to its rightful owner.
Beach safety officers were as stunned as anyone else when the Tennessee woman, who was staying at the Super 8 Motel in Daytona Beach with her family, called with a whopper of a lost and found.
Darlene Curley, 44, said he family was taking one last walk on the beach before heading back home to Tennessee, when they noticed the purse in the water.
They also spotted shoes and towels, and expected the worse.
“We were worried someone might have drowned or something could have happened to them on the beach.”
Beach officers were able to reach the rightful owner, who they say was alive and well and grateful to have the money back.
It is not clear how the owner lost her belongings.
“I’m glad she got her money back and her belongings and that she was safe, that’s was more our worry than anything that she was ok.”
- 40 people arrested across NC for human trafficking
- The real story behind the 'train selfie' and the man kicked in head by 'conductor'
- Why were huge military planes flying over the Piedmont today?
- Judge tells convicted killer 'I hope you die in prison'
- Lexington man killed in accident on I-85 in Davidson Co.