Shooting at Detroit barbershop kills 3
DETROIT — Three people were killed in a shooting at a Detroit barbershop Wednesday, the Wayne County Medical Examiner’s office said.
Several others were injured, police spokeswoman Kelly Miner told CNN affiliate WXYZ.
“What happened was somebody at the barber shop heard all this commotion, opened the door. And then shots were fired into the barbershop,” Miner told WXYZ.
It was not immediately clear whether there was one shooter or more, she said. An investigation is under way.
The shooting took place at a barbershop on the city’s east side, she said.
Eight people were wounded and were rushed to hospitals, the affiliate reported.
Miner was not aware of any arrests.
- 40 people arrested across NC for human trafficking
- Why were huge military planes flying over the Piedmont today?
- The real story behind the 'train selfie' and the man kicked in head by 'conductor'
- Lexington man killed in accident on I-85 in Davidson Co.
- Judge tells convicted killer 'I hope you die in prison'