NY Times bestselling author shares comfort food recipes
On Thursday morning, NY Times bestselling author Ellie Krieger talked with FOX8 about her new book, “Comfort Food Fixes.”
She also shared how to make her Waldorf salad.
Waldorf Salad Recipe
Crunchy walnuts and apples, juicy sweet grapes, and crisp celery folded together in a thick creamy dressing: this recipe has all the taste and texture that make this dish a classic, only it’s much better for you.
¼ cup walnut pieces
¾ cup plain Greek-style nonfat yogurt
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 large red apple, cored and diced (about 2 cups)
3 ribs celery, diced (1 cup)
½ cup halved seedless grapes
Toast the walnuts in a dry skillet over medium-high heat, stirring, until fragrant and golden. Set aside and allow to cool, then chop coarsely.
In a medium bowl, stir together the yogurt, mayonnaise, lemon juice, mustard, salt, and black pepper. Fold in the walnuts, apple, celery, and grapes.
Makes 4 servings
Serving size: 1 cup
Per serving: Calories 150; Fiber 3g; Cholesterol 0 mg; Sodium 290 mg
Good Source of: Fiber, Manganese, Protein, Vitamin C, Vitamin K
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Man catches massive 805-pound shark, won't share his secret
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- 'Ice Road Truckers' star accused of kidnapping prostitute, threatens to kill her over $1k