Missouri daycare employee caught dragging child: Is it abuse?
CRYSTAL CITY, Mo. – A daycare employee is caught on camera dragging a 2-year-old by the arm, which resulted in a trip to the emergency room.
The child’s mom considers it abuse but Missouri Regulators claim they can’t prove it.
The video shows a room with seven kids, and you can see a teacher who appears frustrated.
Before the incident happens, she picks up a kid by the arms to move him. Then the child starts to crawl for something and she sweeps him back to his seat and presses his hands to his lap.
Another 2-year-old, who’s playing with a towel, also appears to frustrate the teacher.
The teacher takes the towel and throws it. Then she takes the girl, who hasn’t moved since the teacher sat her down, picks her up by one arm and drags her to a chair.
According to KTVI, the owner of the daycare, Brain Station in Crystal City, thought it was concerning enough to fire the worker and call parents, police and the child abuse hotline.
It was reported the mom took her little girl to the hospital where doctors diagnosed an arm sprain, but the Missouri Department of Social Services found the ‘allegation of abuse’ unsubstantiated or unproven.
Read more: KTVI
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave