Gaston Co. daycare owner charged with sex crimes
Robert Youngblood Kerby
STANLEY, N.C. — A daycare owner is facing several sex crime charges in Gaston County, according to authorities.
WSOC reported that Robert Youngblood Kerby, of 320 E, Chestnut St, Stanley, has been charged with 10 felony charges and one misdemeanor for sexual offenses, indecent liberties and crimes against nature.
Kerby and his wife, Caron Kerby, own Caron’s Care Daycare in Stanley, which has been in operation for 19 years.
It was reported that a victim had been sexually assaulted by the suspect.
Authorities will be seeking temporary suspension of the facility’s license until the investigation is complete.
Kerby is being held under a $2 million bond at the Gaston County jail.
Police is asking for anyone with information on this case or anyone who believes that they have been a victim to contact Stanley police at 704-866-3300 or Gaston County Crime Stoppers at 704-861-8000.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave