U.S. Airways plane makes emergency landing at PTI for maintenance
GREENSBORO, N.C. — A plane landed safely at PTI airport after having problems in the air Wednesday morning.
According to U.S. Airways spokesperson, the plane was diverted around 6 a.m. after experiencing a “faulty gear indication.”
The U.S. Airways flight 3727 from Lynchburg, Va. was headed to Charlotte before being diverted to PTI.
The plane has since been checked out and is headed to Charlotte.
The U.S. Airways spokesperson said the pilot made the right decision to land.
There were 45 passengers and three crew members on board. No one was injured.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave