Forsyth County to hold drill at Winston-Salem airport on Saturday
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. — A multi-agency public safety disaster drill will be held at the airport in Winston-Salem on Saturday.
Several emergency vehicles will be at the Smith Reynolds Airport, but there is no cause for alarm.
Forsyth County will conduct the drill from 10 a.m.-1 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 9.
During the drill, a large fire will be lit during the exercise and a heavy amount of smoke could be visible. Residents should not be alarmed as this is part of the training.
The exercise is to help city and county public safety agencies better understand how to respond to and manage an aircraft emergency.
For more information, call CityLink 311.
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- Kids react to a Walkman, make everyone feel old