‘Feast of Caring’ to be held Friday in High Point
Brooke Garrou, with Open Door Ministries of High Point, stopped by FOX8 Wednesday morning to talk about the Fourth Annual Feast of Caring.
The feast, hosted by Open Door Ministries of High Point, will be held Friday, Nov. 8, at the First Presbyterian Church, 918 N. Main St., High Point.
The community will have two opportunities to attend the event on Friday with a lunch option open between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. or 5-8 p.m. for dinner.
Tickets to the Feast of Caring are $15 for an individual, $25 for a couple and $40 for a family and include endless soup and bread along with the opportunity to select one piece of pottery to take home.
The goal of the Feast of Caring is to raise $20,000. Ticket purchases and donations from the Feast of Caring will go to support Open Door Ministries programs which include Emergency Services, Men’s Homeless Shelter, Arthur Cassell Transitional House and the Father’s Table Food Kitchen, which provides over 120,000 meals a year to those in need in the community.
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting