Guilford County schools hold ‘Walk-in Day’ in support of teachers
GUILFORD COUNTY, N.C. — Guilford County Schools and other districts across North Carolina participated in “Walk-in Day” on Monday by inviting the community to visit schools and show support for teachers and public education.
Educators, students and parents were all encouraged to wear red in unity.
Guilford County Schools says “Walk-In Day” is an alternative to walking out on the job, which has been reportedly encouraged by some groups to protest low pay and cuts to education funding.
Elected officials, parents and the community as a whole were also encouraged to meet with educators to discuss issues facing public education.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave