Winston-Salem shooting victim dies from injuries
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. — A man injured in a shooting in Winston-Salem died a day after the incident, according to police.
Authorities said 39-year-old Cranston Maurice Hargrove died shortly before 4 p.m. Friday in what police calling a homicide.
Officers said they found Hargrove suffering from a gunshot wound at a home at 4040 Reich Street shortly after 9:30 p.m. Thursday.
Witnesses reported hearing multiple gunshots and saw two men fleeing from the area.
Police said the victim was taken to the hospital with life-threatening injuries.
Winston-Salem police said the case is now a homicide investigation and is the city’s eighth homicide this year, compared to six this time in 2012.
Anyone with information can call the Winston-Salem Police Department at (336) 773-7700 or Crime Stoppers at (336) 727-2800.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Silver Alert issued for woman missing from Winston-Salem
- Man catches massive 805-pound shark, won't share his secret
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- 'Ice Road Truckers' star accused of kidnapping prostitute, threatens to kill her over $1k