Winston-Salem shooting victim dies from injuries
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. — A man injured in a shooting in Winston-Salem died a day after the incident, according to police.
Authorities said 39-year-old Cranston Maurice Hargrove died shortly before 4 p.m. Friday in what police calling a homicide.
Officers said they found Hargrove suffering from a gunshot wound at a home at 4040 Reich Street shortly after 9:30 p.m. Thursday.
Witnesses reported hearing multiple gunshots and saw two men fleeing from the area.
Police said the victim was taken to the hospital with life-threatening injuries.
Winston-Salem police said the case is now a homicide investigation and is the city’s eighth homicide this year, compared to six this time in 2012.
Anyone with information can call the Winston-Salem Police Department at (336) 773-7700 or Crime Stoppers at (336) 727-2800.
- Jeremy Mayfield's $1.3M mansion to be burned down
- Man tricked into thinking he's been in 10-year coma
- 13 arrested in drug busts in Yadkin County, surrounding counties
- Texas teen gets probation for deadly DWI collision with 'affluenza' defense
- $50M awarded over birth defect after test said baby would be OK