17-year-old killed in Kernersville accident identified

Posted on: 5:27 pm, October 29, 2013, by , updated on: 08:21pm, October 29, 2013

KERNERSVILLE, N.C. — Officials have identified a 17-year-old Northwest Guilford High School student that died in a crash in Kernersville on Monday afternoon.

Police said four teenagers were seriously injured when a pickup truck struck two trees near the 3000 block of Bethel Church Road shortly before 2 p.m. on Monday.

Three teenagers were riding in the bed of the pickup truck when it crashed. Eric Ahmed, 17, who was riding in the bed of the pickup truck, died at the scene.

Timothy Johnson, 17, and Dillion Kozerskai, 17, were also riding in the bed of the truck. Johnson sustained life threatening injuries and Kozerskai sustained non-life threatening injuries.

The driver, Matthew Norman, 17, sustained non-life threatening injuries.

Officials said the three teenagers injured in the crash are also students at Northwest Guilford High School.

• m clore says:

GOD bless the families of all these children and the guy who is so young with such a burden to carry all his life……My heart goes out to them all.I have a senior at northwest and she is just beside herself please remember the friends of these children as well.

• Faith says:

I am very sorry for this child’s death. Is it legal to ride in the back of a pickup truck? I see it often and was wondering.

• Richard Trickle says:

I believe it is legal if you are over 16 years of age.

• josh says:

Yes, it’s legal. I have recently heard that the age you had to be had increased (maybe to 16 years?). It’s always baffled me as to why people in the back seat of a car had to be buckled in, but in the bed of a truck there is no such rule.

• Matt says:

I use to be friends with all of these kids, i’m 19, and i dropped out of nwhs. He will be dearly missed by all the people who ever knew of him. Let’s not make this about whether it’s safe or not to ride in the back of a pick-up. These boy’s deserve more respect than that. They weren’t careless individuals, and Eric was one of the smartest I’ve known in my stay at north west.

• D Linn says:

The questions about the legality are legimate questions, they are not a sign of disrepect. It is a question that deserves to be answered.

Condolences to the family who has lost their son, and hope the rest recover and learn from this life-changing event.

• We can tell you dropped out.

The driver was very careless, and for no other reason 2 of his friends are dead now.

• Dylan says:

And to you, Matt was not being careless. He wasn’t speeding, he wasn’t swerving, he wasn’t texting, or fooling around. He was just driving. Accidents happen. And don’t you try to come back with what YOU think he was doing. I was there. I never blacked out. Don’t you say that he was driving carelessly.

• Dylan says:

You guys butchered my name. Thanks.

• conerned citizen says:

You’ve just survived an accident where two of your friends lost their lives and you’re worried about how your name was spelled? Really?

• Dylan says:

I’m not concerned about that. I was just making a statement. I actually am suffering. Those two guys, including Matt, are my brothers. So before you make a comment like that, understand that you don’t know what these eyes have seen. And what I saw, I cannot unsee. So you have a nice day.