17-year-old killed in Kernersville accident identified
KERNERSVILLE, N.C. — Officials have identified a 17-year-old Northwest Guilford High School student that died in a crash in Kernersville on Monday afternoon.
Police said four teenagers were seriously injured when a pickup truck struck two trees near the 3000 block of Bethel Church Road shortly before 2 p.m. on Monday.
Three teenagers were riding in the bed of the pickup truck when it crashed. Eric Ahmed, 17, who was riding in the bed of the pickup truck, died at the scene.
Timothy Johnson, 17, and Dillion Kozerskai, 17, were also riding in the bed of the truck. Johnson sustained life threatening injuries and Kozerskai sustained non-life threatening injuries.
The driver, Matthew Norman, 17, sustained non-life threatening injuries.
Officials said the three teenagers injured in the crash are also students at Northwest Guilford High School.
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Baby born Tuesday is largest hospital has seen in over a decade
- Woman admits to stealing toy from child's grave, explains why she did it
- Tenn. girl wakes up for school, finds parents dead inside home