17-year-old killed in Kernersville accident identified
KERNERSVILLE, N.C. — Officials have identified a 17-year-old Northwest Guilford High School student that died in a crash in Kernersville on Monday afternoon.
Police said four teenagers were seriously injured when a pickup truck struck two trees near the 3000 block of Bethel Church Road shortly before 2 p.m. on Monday.
Three teenagers were riding in the bed of the pickup truck when it crashed. Eric Ahmed, 17, who was riding in the bed of the pickup truck, died at the scene.
Timothy Johnson, 17, and Dillion Kozerskai, 17, were also riding in the bed of the truck. Johnson sustained life threatening injuries and Kozerskai sustained non-life threatening injuries.
The driver, Matthew Norman, 17, sustained non-life threatening injuries.
Officials said the three teenagers injured in the crash are also students at Northwest Guilford High School.
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- Remains of teens missing since 1971 found in submerged car
- Wu-Tang Clan affiliated rapper severs penis, jumps off building
- Woman shot dead while on phone with 911 for 13 minutes
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview