Hickory City Council candidate charged with indecent liberties
Joe Brannock, 37, of Hickory
NEWTON N.C. — A Hickory City Council candidate who also works as a substitute teacher has been charged with felony indecent liberties with a child.
The Hickory Record reported that Joe Brannock, 37, of Hickory, was arrested at the Catawba County Schools administration building.
The alleged victim is reportedly younger than 16 years old and lives in Catawba County. She reported the alleged abuse to deputies. Specific details were not released.
The suspect is a candidate for Ward 5 on Hickory City Council and has worked as a substitute teacher at various schools since 2011.
WSOC-TV reported that the Catawba County School District banned the suspect Saturday from being on or near any of the school campuses.
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Baby born Tuesday is largest hospital has seen in over a decade
- Woman admits to stealing toy from child's grave, explains why she did it
- Tenn. girl wakes up for school, finds parents dead inside home