Hickory City Council candidate charged with indecent liberties
Joe Brannock, 37, of Hickory
NEWTON N.C. — A Hickory City Council candidate who also works as a substitute teacher has been charged with felony indecent liberties with a child.
The Hickory Record reported that Joe Brannock, 37, of Hickory, was arrested at the Catawba County Schools administration building.
The alleged victim is reportedly younger than 16 years old and lives in Catawba County. She reported the alleged abuse to deputies. Specific details were not released.
The suspect is a candidate for Ward 5 on Hickory City Council and has worked as a substitute teacher at various schools since 2011.
WSOC-TV reported that the Catawba County School District banned the suspect Saturday from being on or near any of the school campuses.
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- Kids react to a Walkman, make everyone feel old