Duke upsets Virginia Tech, first win over ranked team since 1994
BLACKSBURG, Va. — Duke upset No. 14 Virginia Tech in a 13-10 victory Saturday in Blacksburg, Virginia.
WRAL-TV reported that the win was Duke’s first ever win in Blacksburg and first win against ranked team since 1994.
The win also made Duke bowl eligible in back-to-back seasons.
The game was won on fourth-and-1 from the Virginia Tech 43-yard line.
The last time the Duke football team defeated a ranked team on the road, Mike Krzyzewski was serving in the U.S. Army in 1971.
Read more: WRAL-TV
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave