Duke upsets Virginia Tech, first win over ranked team since 1994
BLACKSBURG, Va. — Duke upset No. 14 Virginia Tech in a 13-10 victory Saturday in Blacksburg, Virginia.
WRAL-TV reported that the win was Duke’s first ever win in Blacksburg and first win against ranked team since 1994.
The win also made Duke bowl eligible in back-to-back seasons.
The game was won on fourth-and-1 from the Virginia Tech 43-yard line.
The last time the Duke football team defeated a ranked team on the road, Mike Krzyzewski was serving in the U.S. Army in 1971.
Read more: WRAL-TV
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- Kids react to a Walkman, make everyone feel old