The Wilkes County furniture maker
The High Point Furniture Market is going on this week, so it’s a good time to reflect on the origins of furniture making, and the fact that the old ways are still a success.
Ever since he was a kid, James Wyles has made his living digging roots and herbs like Jensing in the mountains. When he reached his 40s, trudging up and down the steep slopes started to take its toll, that’s why he started to make furniture.
And if you have ever driven up Highway 421 in Wilkes County, you have seen what he came up with.
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- Remains of teens missing since 1971 found in submerged car
- Wu-Tang Clan affiliated rapper severs penis, jumps off building
- Woman shot dead while on phone with 911 for 13 minutes
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview